Learn how to help all of your students reach their full potential in and out of the classroom with this graduate degree focused on meeting the needs of special education students in classroom settings. Your online Master of Education in Special Education from Mississippi College offers a faith-based curriculum grounded in an examination of the cognitive and psycho-social needs of students challenged with mild-to-moderate mental handicaps, from learning disabilities to educable mental retardation.
With convenient summer coursework and evening classes for fall and spring semesters, this program is perfect for working educators looking to strike that delicate balance between commitments for work, home and study. Working with your educational peers, you’ll gain strategies that will help you create individualized programs to help students at preschool, elementary and secondary levels feel the joy of learning.
Course highlights include:
- Research — Methods and Procedures
- Curriculum Development
- Current Education and Psychological Testing Procedures
- Characteristics of Students with Mild/Moderate Learning Problems
- Teaching Students with Moderate Learning Problems
- Organizational Procedures for Special Education
- Diagnostic/Prescriptive Reading
- Psychology of Exceptional Children
To learn more about your M. Ed. in Special Education, fill out the form. We’ll be in touch to answer your questions and help you determine if this program is right for you.